The participants visit

We invite you to add comments and tell us something about you and your job.

Elżbieta & Bożena & Izabela & Elżbieta


My  name is Elżbieta Pryłowska – Nowak. I work in a Computer Assisted Education and Information Technology Centre in Warsaw (OEIiZK). I`m a teacher consultant.
 My job involves dealing with: international cooperation,  EU projects, teacher training in the use of ICT in education and training.
I am interested in: ICT in education, adult education, social and civic education, intercultural education, UNESCO World Heritage, geography, etnography. I like pilates, travelling, cycling, diving, reading  books.
I run a thematic group on
www.facebook.com: UNESCO World Heritage/Światowe Dziedzictwo UNESCO.


My name is Bożena Boryczka. I'm a teacher consultant at the Computer Assisted Education and Information Technology Centre in Warsaw (OEIiZK).
My job in OEIiZK is teaching other librarians and teachers how to make useof ICT at their work. 

I'm the editor of 'Biblioteka Centrum Informacji' (Library - the information center), a magazine for librarians.
I'm also the editor of a few websites for librarians. Another part of my job is preparing various conferences and contests.
I like cycling and reading books. I look forward to seeing you all in May!



My name is Izabela Rudnicka. I'm a teacher consultant in Computer Assisted Education and Information Technology Centre in Warsaw (OEIiZK) and also a teacher librarian.

The nature of my job in OEIiZK is to teach other librarians and teachers how to make use of ICT at their work, how to apply in use new media in education, at school libraries. I'm also part of a projects for high school youth called 'media in education for school'  which focuses on theatre, film & journalism.
I like to listen to music, reading books. I also like film, theater, photography and discovering cultures of other nations.


Elżbieta Gajek PhD. Assistant professor at the Institute of Applied Linguistics, University of Warsaw; Head of Department of Methodology of Teaching English; Head of Centre for New Media in Applied Linguistics; Teacher consultant at the Computer Assisted Education and Information Technology Centre in Warsaw.
She specializes in Computer Assisted Language Learning, and Computer Enhanced Teaching Languages, and the use of digital media in learning. 
 Under her supervision students of Institute of Applied Linguistics have created nearly 500 video clips as teaching aids. She participated in many European projects.  
Author of several publications on the methodology of computer assisted language education. Since 2004 she’s been an expert at the National Support Service of the eTwinning Programme. She evaluates projects submitted to national and international competitions.
Find more at http://www.ils.uw.edu.pl/~egajek/

I am Stefka Ilieva and I work as a methodologist in the Regional Library "Ivan Vazov" which is the main library for the Plovdiv region, the second largest in Bulgaria. Methodologist is a library expert who contributes to professional development of librarians through individual consultations upon request, by providing expert assistance in libraries.
Personally, I am responsible for 90 libraries in the region; most of them are public and more a small group of special libraries. Our department implemented coordination and qualification for all libraries in the region. We complete detailed statistical information about libraries and submit it to local authorities for making management decisions.
Together with my colleagues we conclude annual contracts with local authorities to carry out expert-consulting services to public libraries inthe region of Plovdiv in group of 18 municipalities. I communicate with key professionals of municipalities, with the heads of libraries, with accountants, with mayors - in implementation of the contracts.

My successes are in fact that I convinced many librarians to continue their education in the higher library school. As a trainer I have trained many librarians in library management, library standardisation, how to use a computer and about new library services.
I like dancing and reading.


My name is Alena Prokopová. I work in a Slovak National Library in Martin, Slovakia. I am a librarian – researcher in Department of the History of the Slovak book culture.
I am working with my colleagues on a research task called Bibliographical database of the History of Slovak book culture (bookprinting, bookbinding, book trade, etc.).
I am responsible for research, selection of sources for description and creation of bibliographical records and adding links to digital copies of documents - mainly articles from librarionship year-books or periodicals related to the subject.
I administrate our Facebook profile - http://sk-sk.facebook.com/pages/Sekcia-dej%C3%ADn-kni%C5%BEnej-kult%C3%BAry-Slovensk%C3%A1-n%C3%A1rodn%C3%A1-kni%C5%BEnica-Martin/215710008456543 ).
I like hiking, traveling, swimming, dancing (kizomba, bachata, salsa), reading books.


My name is Paolo, my surname is Pierangeli. I am a teacher of physical education and
I work in Italy in Rome. I am actually teaching in a high school near my home. I am interested in music and geography, and I like to travel in Europe. I am 61 years old, but my brain and my mind are younger than my body.
I like to walk slowly and to see all the things around me. I hope to have a wonderful week in Warsaw in may. Bye , Bye.
Prof. Paolo Pierangeli


My name is Halldora Thorsteinsdottir.   I work in the National and University Library of Iceland, as head of communications and electronic access.
Among other things we deal  with  user education, reference work, access to e-material, journals subscriptions and interlibrary loans.
I enjoy my job and would like to improve our services and  communication with our users .

I like travelling and exploring different cultures,  nature and outdoor activities, reading  and a lot more,  not least being with my family.
Best regards and looking forward to meeting you,
Halldora

Landsbókasafn Íslands - Háskólabókasafn | Arngrímsgötu 
3 - 107 Reykjavík  Sími/Tel: +354 5255600 | www.landsbokasafn.is

My name is Cara Clarke and I live near Birmingham in Britain.
I have worked in libraries since 2003, I am currently Systems Librarian in a college. One day I hope to work in a university library. My particular areas of interest include how libraries make innovative use of emerging technologies (such as blogs and social networks) and mobile devices (such as tablets and e-readers).
I am also interested in e-safety and the teaching skills of librarians.
I am involved on a voluntary basis with Cilip, which is the UK's professional body for librarians. I am secretary on the local Cilip branch and am also on the editorial panel for Cilip's monthly magazine.

I maintain a light-hearted blog called Behind the Bookshelves, which can be found at http://caraclarke.blogspot.com/



I´m Miguel Angel Ortega. I´m a teacher in a High School. Also I´m the responsible of the library and this is the reason I asked for this Study Visit.
So, my library has a limited number of users and a narrow sphere of action, but I´m interested in know about your experiences.

As I wrote in another moment, I like reading, writting and photography. I attached a retouched self-portrait, the only photo I have in my pc. Itake a big amount of photos but never of me.
I´ll see all of you soon.



I am Andres Geerman and I will be coming all the way from Aruba to particiapte in this project. For the last 10 years we have been working on a Center of Excellence (Open Leer Centrum)for secondary and post secondary vocational education in Aruba.
My wish is to gain as much as possible from this study visit to Poland. My strength is to create and update curriculu and develop new educational programs.
As part of the unit Hospitality and Tourism
I look forward to my time in Poland and to meeting all of you.

Mr Andres R Geerman
Opleidingsmanager - Dean Of Academic Affairs;  EPI Hospitality & Tourism Unit 



I am Nana Turk from Slovenia. I work for Central Medical Library in Ljubljana. This is a leading biomedical library in Slovenia. My role in the library involves: taking care for e-journals collections, cooperating in library users education process, working for circulation departement.

I like working for library. When I have free time I like jogging, but not very quicky. Yesterday I tried to jogg a bit quicklier but today I am very tired. I live in Ljubljana, near Ljubljana is small hill, a popular hiking destination.
I like hiking to this hill, otherwise in Slovenia are a lot of moutins. It is the good destination for hiking. It is very relaxing. Some time I play a role of baby sitter for my brother's baby. Is is also very relaxing.


My name is Mihaela Carmen SEUŞAN and I work as director in the Teacher's Training Center in Sibiu, in Romania.
I  take care of the methodological coordination of  Centers of Documentation and Information (CDI) in the county of Sibiu.
CDI is a modern place where you can find information and documentation in every field you like/need.   It replaces the old school library and its structure uses the French example

I am interested of ICT training, adult education, non-formal education. My hobbies are:  swimming, ping-pong, reading books, self training in ICT tools.

Mihaela Seusan
Casa Corpului Didactic Sibiu; 550020 Sibiu, Turismului 15, tel: 0269 230259; www.ccdsibiu.ro


Family photo from  Warsaw
 






























































































6 komentarzy:

  1. Thank you for these beautiful pictures!
    Marian Iliev

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. One day left of the study visit. I don't want to go home, I want to stay!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. Thank you for your hospitality, for your worm welcome, for your attention, for everything!
    It be nice if we all meet again !
    Stefka

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  4. Explore skills required to be effective as a supervisor, including identifying common mistakes and assessing your confidence when it comes to managing former peers. Learn ways to motivate, prioritize and delegate.

    achievement gap

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  5. Is based on the best practices in teaching and learning. It should not be the same old thing over and over again.

    education professional development

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  6. Follow up sessions, classroom visits, and personal support are needed to ensure that what is learned, is applied properly.

    education professional development

    OdpowiedzUsuń